A $5.00 permit is required to have a garage sale and can be obtained at the Building Inspection Department, 300 Country Club Road, Building 100, 2nd Floor. Sales cannot exceed more than 3 consecutive days at one time and no more than 4 sales per calendar year.
Garage sales are only allowed in residentially zoned districts.
Garage sale signs may be placed on your private (residential) property or your neighbor's private (residential) property with their permission. Garage sale signs shall not exceed six (6) square feet in area.
Signs may not be placed:
- In the City right of way: the strip of grass between the curb and sidewalk. In the front yard of a home, rights of way normally extend 10 feet from the back of the street curb. In the back yard, rights of way extend 3 feet behind the pavement on alleys.
- Medians of public streets.
- Corners of public streets.
- Grass next to the curb of a public street.
- Next to or adjacent to a screening wall of a public street.
- In subdivision entrances.
- Right of way of public street.
If you need further clarification or have any questions, please contact the Building Inspection Department at 972-516-6420.