The Building Inspection Department reviews and inspects all commercial and residential building requests. All types of residential construction work require building permits from the City of Wylie's Building Inspection Department, including:
- Accessory buildings or storage sheds
- Carports, patio covers or pergolas
- Swimming pools and/or spas (over 24" in depth, above or below ground)
- Residential room additions or remodels
- Extending a driveway, patios or any other types of concrete work
- Foundation repair
- Miscellaneous plumbing, electrical, or mechanical work; any other activity in which the owner or contractor desires to construct, enlarge, erect, alter, repair, move, demolish, convert, install, or replace a building or its utility system.
- Demolition of an existing building, structure or pool
- Irrigation systems
- Mobile home Installations or relocations
- Signage - Promotional or Permanent
- Commercial - New buildings, finish outs, remodels or additions
All of the above require a Permit Application.
This is not an all-inclusive list. If you are unsure whether you may need a building permit, please call the Building Inspection Department at 972-516-6420.