The Operation Division of the Fire Department provides fire protection and life safety services in emergency and non-emergency conditions through three strategically placed fire stations located throughout the community.
See Photos and Videos
Operations Division Overview
The Operations division is responsible for the extinguishment and control of fires, emergency rescue, mitigation of environmental hazards (HAZMAT), advanced life support emergency pre-hospital care, transportation to local hospitals, and disaster management efforts including Urban Search and Rescue operations. Additionally the operations division participates in pre-planning, risk identification, and risk mitigation efforts through coordinated efforts with other internal and external city departments. Currently, the operations division staffs three stations with a paramedic Quint company and a minimum staffing level of 12 on-duty personnel. Each station is led by a company officer holding the rank of Captain. The operations division is under the direction of Chief #1 who provides response oversight. Additionally, the Wylie Fire Rescue provides numerous other support vehicles including Attack #2, and #3, Marine #3, Marine #2, Hazmat #3, and Rescue #3 which provides for specialized incident support.
Overview of the Operations Division Goals:
- Continue to deliver safe, timely, and efficient emergency service to our citizens.
- Continue to meet our response Performance Measure of arriving at the incident within six minutes, 90% of the time.
- Support Training Division efforts to ensure organizational readiness.
- Support Fire Prevention efforts.
- Support public education and community involvement effort Citywide.
- Manage mutual/automatic aid relationships throughout the County.
- Support the efforts of the Special Operations program.
- Evaluate facilities, apparatus, and personnel quarterly through station inspections.
Standards of Coverage Statement