Photos at WyliePhotos.com.
The Operations Division is responsible for the extinguishment and control of fires, emergency rescue, mitigation of environmental hazards (HAZMAT), advanced life support emergency pre-hospital care, transportation to local hospitals, and disaster management efforts including urban search and rescue operations. Additionally the Operations Division participates in pre-planning, risk identification, and risk mitigation efforts through coordinated efforts with other internal and external city departments. Currently, the Operations Division staffs three stations with a paramedic Quint company and a minimum staffing level of 12 on-duty personnel. Each station is led by a company officer holding the rank of Captain. The Operations Division is under the direction of Chief #1 who provides response oversight. Additionally, Wylie Fire Rescue provides numerous other support vehicles including Attack #2, and #3, Marine #3, Marine #2, Hazmat #3, and Rescue #3 which provides for specialized incident support.
- Continue to deliver safe, timely, and efficient emergency service to our citizens
- Continue to meet our response performance measure of arriving at the incident within six minutes, 90% of the time
- Support training division efforts to ensure organizational readiness
- Support fire prevention efforts
- Support public education and community involvement efforts citywide
- Manage mutual/automatic aid relationships throughout the county
- Support the efforts of the Special Operations program
- Evaluate facilities, apparatus, and personnel quarterly through station inspections