The City Awards Program was established to allow employees to recognize those City employees who performed or provided a notable act, achievement or service to the City of Wylie, Texas. All full-time and part-time employees may be nominated and may participate in the program. All employees are invited to submit nomination forms. There is no limit to the number of nominations an employee may submit. The City Award Committee carefully reviews each nomination for merit and democratically selects the winners each year.
The City Award Committee shall consist of eight City of Wylie employees. The members are:
- Human Resources representative (non-voting member)
- Employee of the Year in the previous year
- Part-time Employee of the Year in the previous year
- Customer Service Employee of the Year in the previous year
- Newcomer of the Year in the previous year
- Safety Employee of the Year in the previous year
- Two at-large members serving two-year terms and appointed by the City Manager
Award presentations occur at the City's annual Employee Appreciation Banquet, which includes a formal luncheon and door prizes.
A $500 monetary award accompanies the title of Employee of the Year. The other award winners receive $250 each. Special awards are recognition only.
Annual City of Wylie Award Winners