The Wylie Police Department will be testing for the position of Police Officer on Saturday July 20th 2013 at McMillan Jr High School, 1050 Park Blvd Wylie Texas 75098. Doors will open at 0830 and close at 0900. You must apply to test.
After successfully passing the written exam applicants will take the PT portion
Effective February 2011 any applicant that fails the Written Exam or PT will be disqualified from testing for 6 months. Any applicant that fails the Oral Board, Background Investigation, Psychological Examination, Polygraph Examination, or Medical/Drug Testing will be disqualified from testing for 1 year.
Physical Fitness Standards
Wylie PD Firearms Training Video
IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT DISQUALIFIERS
1) Is younger than 20 and does not have a high school diploma or GED and has not completed twelve (12) hours of college.
2) Possession of a Driver's License that is invalid and / or not clear
3) Has a Felony conviction
4) Has been convicted of a Misdemeanor crime, above Class C, within the last 10 years
5) Has a Misdemeanor conviction for a crime involving moral turpitude within the last ten (10) years
6) Is currently charged or under investigation for any criminal offenses
7) Is under court or community supervision for a misdemeanor offense
8) Has used marijuana beyond experimentation
9) Has illegally used a drug(s), including prescription medicine, beyond experimentation
10) Has stolen from employer(s) with a cumulative total of $50.00 or more within the past ten years
11) Intentional omission of information on application or Personal History Statement
12) False statement of information on application or Personal History Statement
13) Intentional misleading statement on application or Personal History Statement
14) Falsification of job(s) related documents
15) Failure to return completed Personal History Statement on due date
16) Ten (10) minutes late for interview without notifying the Police Department of such tardiness (exceptions may be made for certain emergencies)
17) Conviction of a DWI within the past ten (10) years; no more than one (1) conviction total
18) Interfering, obstructing or otherwise causing influence in the background process
For additional information or questions contact
Detective M. A. Johnson - (972) 442-4587
"To Make Wylie a Safe Place to Live, Work, and Visit"