Home  |   Contact  |   Email This Page  |   Print This Page



Wylie Public Safety Complex


2000 N. Hwy. 78


Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm









Records Technician:
Records Technician:

Alicia Bretado
Glynis Brown






Open Records Request - Solicitudes para expedientes
To obtain information on how to get a copy of a police report, please call 972-442-8170 or email police@wylietexas.gov


Para obtener información sobre cómo obtener una copia de un informe de la policía, por favor llame al 972-442-8170 o por correo electrónico police@wylietexas.gov


Accident Report Request - Solicitudes para reportes de accidentes
As of July 1, 2009, the following fees will be charged to obtain copies of accident reports:

          Motor Vehicle Accident  Report - $6

          Certified Motor Vehicle Accident Report - $8


A partir del 1 de julio de 2009 los siguientes cargos serán cargados a obtener copias de los informes de accidentes:
           Motor Vehicle Reporte de Accidente - $ 6
           Certificado Motor Vehicle Reporte de Accidente - $ 8


Accident / Traffic Collision reports are available online by clicking the link listed below:

Online Requests Only:
Order an accident report in English

Accidente / informes Accidente de tráfico están disponibles en línea haciendo clic en el enlace que aparece a continuación:

Sólo solicitudes en línea:
Ordene informe de accidente en español  


Identity Theft/Fraud Victims

In order to file an ID theft/fraud report, we ask that you complete the Identity Theft/Fraud Information and Affidavit packet before calling or coming to the police department. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to investigate your case.


ID Theft/Fraud Packet


Solicitor/Handbill Permit

The City of Wylie requires persons going door to door selling products or passing out handbills in residential areas of Wylie to first obtain a Solicitor/Handbill Permit from the police department.  An application must be completed and submitted to the police department with the $75 non-refundable application fee for each person going door to door. A background check will be completed on each person, and if a person does not pass the background check, the $75 fee will not be refunded. If the solicitor is under the age of 17, a parent or legal guardian must accompany the solicitor.


Solicitors Permit


Good Citizen Letter

The Wylie Police Department does not do background checks for citizens. The Wylie Police Department does Good Citizen Letters for citizens requesting local background checks on themselves. The citizen requesting the letter must come to the police department and fill out an open records request. He or she will have to present a valid picture identification card. We will check our department records to see if that citizen has been arrested or has been a suspect in an offense report. A letter with the information on that citizen will be completed and signed by the Chief of Police. We will notify the citizen when the letter is ready to be picked up. This process usually takes less than 10 business days. 



Block Parties

Wylie Police Department works with neighborhood groups to coordinate street closures for block parties.


Block Party Form


Child Safety Seat Inspections

Wylie Police Department no longer offers free inspections of child car safety seats. If you need a child car safety seat installed or inspected, visit www.seatcheck.org to be directed to the closest qualified person.



Citizen Ride Along
Citizens can get firsthand experience of an officer's role by signing up for a ride along.


Citizen Rider Form



Wylie Police Department offers fingerprinting for Wylie residents, WISD employees and all military personnel. The fingerprinting is done on Tuesday and Thursday between 9 am and 1 pm. There is a $5 fee per card, and you must provide the fingerprint cards. These should be provided to you by the person or organization making the fingerprint request.


Special Needs Registration  

Wylie Police Department offers registration of children and adults with special needs that live within the city limits of Wylie. The special need could include but is not limited to autism, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, mental illness, blindness or deafness. The form should be completed, then call or come by the police department. The department will register and take a photo of the special needs person. 


Special Needs Registration




The Wylie Police Department will watch your home while you are out of town for more than 48 hours. As call load allows, the officers will drive by and check your residence while you are out of town. The link to the housewatch request form is below; print it, complete it, and drop it off at the Wylie Police Department, 2000 N. Hwy. 78.  Please be sure to call the police department (972-442-8171) when you return home.


Housewatch Form










City Of Wylie  |   300 Country Club Road  |   Wylie, Texas  75098  |   972.516.6000