News & Events
What do teen volunteers do?
- Put carts in order
- Prepare summer prize materials
- Help with special programs
All training will be provided on site by a staff member.
- Must be between 13-17 years old.
- Positive attitude.
- Willing to learn new things.
Applications are due by Saturday May 6 @ 5:00pm in the Teen Room.
Please note we typically receive twice as many applications as we have slots available. Be sure to fill out the application completely and thoughtfully. Teen volunteer slots are limited and not guaranteed. Previous volunteer experience at the library does not guarantee a spot.
What to do:
- Print and fill out this 2 page Teen Volunteer Application.
- Turn it in to the Teen Room by Saturday May 6 @ 5:00pm.
- Teens chosen to volunteer will be notified via e-mail by May 13. If you do not receive an e-mail by May 13, that means you were not chosen this time, but please try again another time.
- Please be aware that if you are chosen, you must attend a mandatory orientation. Information on the orientation, scheduling and training will be provided in the e-mail that will be sent by May 13.
- Teens choose their own volunteer schedule at orientation. Typically teens sign up for 1-2 hour shifts once or twice a week. There are also opportunities to help with special programs throughout the summer.
- Summer volunteer hours begin the week of Monday June 5. The final day for summer TVs is Saturday August 12.
Peeps on Parade Art Contest
Saturday, May 20 from 2 to 4PM
All Ages Show off your Peeptastic skills and imagination! Bring your literary-themed art made out of Peeps to display for the public. Exhibit and voting open to the public 2 to 4PM. Prizes will be awarded by age categories.
Entry rules and application.