Sign up for a library card online to access our digital library. Access ebooks, audiobooks, magazines and other online resources.
Sign up today.
Smith Public Library awarded CARES Act grant to advance digital equity.
Am I required to wear a mask to use the library?
In compliance with the Executive Order Governor Abbot issued on July 2, 2020 face coverings are required inside the Smith Public Library.
Can I get my items at the drive-through?
Yes. We are offering drive-through pickup for arrived holds. Once you have received your notification that your items are ready for pickup, please pull up to the book drop and call the library at 972-516-6280.
Monday - Saturday
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
What is the process for placing a hold for drive-through service?
1. Place items on hold by visiting our library catalog at www.wylietexas.gov/library. Limit 10 per card. You will need your library card number and PIN to sign-in.
2. Wait for notification that your items are ready for pickup. You’ll receive an email or phone call.
3. After arriving at the library drive-through window, call 972-516-6280 and let us know you are here. Please have your library card ready.
If you have questions, call us at 972-516-6250, option 2 Monday through Friday, 10 am to 5 pm or email us at email@example.com
The following are not offered as part of holds pickup:
- Retrieving items that are not arrived holds
- Paying fines
- Accepting material donations
A limited number of computers are available. Due to capacity limits, the computers in the Adult area may only be used for one hour sessions per day.
Are the study tables available?
A limited number of tables are available. Due to the library's limited capacity, we are asking that you limit yourself to two hours per day.
Which services are unavailable?
- Games in the Teen Room
- All Meeting Rooms, Study Rooms & the Bluebonnet Room (Quiet Reading Room)
- Friends of the Library book sale has been suspended and donations are no longer being accepted
Is printing available?
Yes printing is available. You may also use our mobile printing service. Visit our mobile printing page to learn how to print from your mobile device or computer at home or work.
Printing is cash only.
Coins (nickels, dimes and quarters) and up to a $5 bill are acceptable.
The library is unable to make change for print jobs.
The cost per page is:
Black & White: $.15
What steps are being taken to keep library patrons & staff safe?
- All returned items will be held in quarantine for 72 hours before they are available for check out.
- Surface areas will be wiped down throughout the day.
- Limiting the number of people in the library.
- Signs encouraging social distancing and recommended practices are posted throughout the building.
- Daily screening and temperature checks for staff before starting work.
- Staff will be wearing masks.
Will you have events?
All in-person events have been suspended. See our calendar for more information about our virtual events.
May I reserve a meeting room or study room?
Meeting and study rooms are not available for public use.
Will I be charged fines for items still out when the library closed?
No. All due dates were extended until May 30th.
Follow us on social media for more news and updates