Temporary Library Hours
Monday - Saturday
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Can I get my items at the drive-through?
Yes. We are offering drive-through pickup for arrived holds. Once you have received your notification that your items are ready for pickup, please pull up to the book drop and call the library at 972-516-6280.
Monday - Saturday
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
What is the process for placing a hold for drive-through service?
1. Place items on hold by visiting our library catalog at www.wylietexas.gov/library. Limit 10 per card. You will need your library card number and PIN to sign-in.
2. Wait for notification that your items are ready for pickup. You’ll receive an email or phone call.
3. After arriving at the library drive-through window, call 972-516-6280 and let us know you are here. Please have your library card ready.
If you have questions, call us at 972-516-6250, option 2 Monday through Friday, 10 am to 5 pm or email us at email@example.com
The following are not offered as part of holds pickup:
- Retrieving items that are not arrived holds
- Paying fines
- Accepting material donations
A limited number of computers are available in the Adult area for one hour sessions per day.
Are the study tables available?
A limited number of tables are available in the Adult area only. Due to the library's limited capacity, we are asking that you limit yourself to one person per table, one hour per day.
Which services are unavailable?
- Computers in the Teen & Children’s areas
- Interlibrary Loan
- Games in the Teen Room
- All Meeting Rooms, Study Rooms & the Bluebonnet Room (Quiet Reading Room)
- Friends of the Library book sale has been suspended and donations are no longer being accepted
Is printing available?
Yes printing is available in the Adult area. You may also use our mobile printing service. Visit our mobile printing page to learn how to print from your mobile device or computer at home or work.
Printing is cash only.
Coins (nickels, dimes and quarters) and up to a $5 bill are acceptable.
The library is unable to make change for print jobs.
The cost per page is:
Black & White: $.15
What steps are being taken to keep library patrons & staff safe?
- All returned items will be held in quarantine for 72 hours before they are available for check out.
- Surface areas will be wiped down throughout the day.
- Limiting the number of people in the library. Staff will be at the front counting the number of patrons entering the building. Once the building is at capacity patrons will have to wait in line outside for someone to exit the building.
- Signs encouraging social distancing and recommended practices are posted throughout the building.
- Daily screening and temperature checks for staff before starting work.
- Staff will be wearing masks.
Am I required to wear a mask to use the library?
We are encouraging patrons to wear a mask even though it is not required.
Will you have events?
All in-person events have been suspended. See our calendar for more information about our virtual events.
May I reserve a meeting room or study room?
Meeting and study rooms are not available for public use.
Will I be charged fines for items still out when the library closed?
No. All due dates were extended until May 30th.
Follow us on social media for more news and updates