For election related questions and/or information, please contact the City Secretary by email or phone at 972-516-6022.
Notice of Deadline to file applications for Place on the Ballot
Order of General Election
Order of General Election (Amended)
Notice of Drawing for a Place on the Ballot-RESCHEDULED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
Notice of General Election
Notice of Voting Order Priority
Notice of Special Holiday Hours for City Secretary's Office
Notice of Test of Automatic Voting Machine
Collin County Sample Ballot
The Sample Ballot site will show all 66 ballot styles included in the election in precinct order. Voters can view their personal sample ballot by selecting the ballot style number associated with their precinct or by utilizing the Original Voter Registration Search application.
Collin County Early Voting and Election Day Rosters
|January 13, 2021||First day to file an application for a place on the ballot|
|February 12, 2021||Last day to file for a place on the ballot|
|April 1, 2021||Last day to register to vote|
|April 20, 2021||Last day to apply for a ballot by mail (received, not postmarked)|
|April 19-27, 2021||Early Voting by personal appearance (Collin County Early Voting Locations/Hours)|
|May 1, 2021||Election Day (Collin County Election Day Locations)|
UPCOMING UNIFORM/PRIMARY ELECTIONS
May 1, 2021 - City of Wylie General Election (Places 2 and 4)
November 2, 2021 - Texas Constitutional Election
March 1, 2022 - Primary Election
May 7, 2022 - City of Wylie General Election (Places 1 and 3)
May 24, 2022 - Primary Runoff Election
November 8, 2022 - Uniform Election Date
Future Dates as posted by the Texas Secretary of State
PRIMARY POLLING LOCATION
Collin College Wylie Campus
WSC Atrium 1 (Student Center)
391 Country Club Road
Wylie, Texas 75098
COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR VOTERS
QUALIFICATIONS TO FILE
A. Candidate Qualifications.
Each candidate for an elective office shall meet the following qualifications:
· Shall be a qualified voter of the city.
· Shall have resided for at least 12 months preceding the election within the corporate limits of the city, including territory annexed prior to the filing deadline.
· Shall not, after notice of any delinquency, be in arrears in the payment of any taxes or other liabilities due the city. "In arrears" is defined herein to mean that payment has not been received within 90 days from [the] due date.
· An incumbent city councilman seeking reelection must file for the same place position number currently being served.
· No candidate may file in a single election for more than one office or place position as provided by this Charter.
· No employee of the city shall continue in such position after filing for an elective office provided for in this Charter.
· Shall not concurrently hold an elective office with the city other than the one being filed for.
B. Petition Required.
Every person desiring to file for elective office with the city shall first present to the City Secretary a sufficient petition signed by a minimum of the greater of the following:
· 25 persons; or
· a number of persons equal to one-half of one percent of the total vote received by all candidates for Mayor in the most recent mayoral general election who are qualified voters in the City.
For more information contact the City Secretary:
Email the City Secretary's Office