The purpose of the academy is to build a solid foundation of fire department operations with our citizens through education. Fire department personnel have devoted a tremendous amount of time and energy to present an informative overview of Wylie Fire Rescue. We hope the program will become an effective tool that assists in educating the public about fire protection and emergency medical services in Wylie.
- Help adults learn more about how the fire department is organized and operates.
- Inform the residents of Wylie as to the purpose and inner workings of Wylie Fire Rescue.
- Share the diverse services the fire department offers our community.
- Encourage citizens to return to their neighborhoods and relay to their friends and neighbors the proper procedures to use to become more safety-conscious citizens.
- Provide an interactive forum for both the fire department and the citizens to share information.
If you are interested in applying for the Wylie Fire Rescue Citizens Fire Academy, please download the application below or pick one up at fire station one or fire administration. For additional information, contact Captain Ray Jackson by email or by phone at 972-429-8071.
Citizens Fire Academy Application
Citizens Fire Academy Consent and Authorization
Citizens Fire Academy Photo Release
Citizens Fire Academy Guidelines