Summary of Employee Benefits
- Retirement benefits with Texas Municipal Retirement System. Contributions by payroll deduction. Employee contributes at 7% level. City matches 2-1. Mandatory.
- Deferred compensation - Nationwide and Edward Jones. The City does not contribute. Employee contributions by pre-tax payroll deduction. Optional.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription insurance PPO plan. City pays full premium for employee, partial dependent premium. Cigna Open Access Plus.
- Flexible Spending Account through PayFlex - allows for pre-tax deduction for eligible medical expenses as well as dependent care expenses. Optional.
- Life insurance - 2x annual salary. Fully paid by City and 1x annual salary through TMRS.
- Long-term disability for all full-time City employees.
- Twelve paid holidays: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and Friday following, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and a floating holiday.
- Vacation/sick leave accrues each full pay period.
- Bereavement leave, military leave, jury duty leave
- Longevity Pay
- Workers' compensation benefits
- Tuition reimbursement - $2,000 per year
- Direct Deposit - City of Wylie Payroll will deposit employee paycheck to any bank accepting wire transfers.
- Family and Medical Leave Policy as described by federal legislation.
- Free Wylie Recreation Center employee membership.
- City pays every two weeks. (26 pay periods per year)