Fines & Citations
When you receive a citation, you will have twenty (20) business days to make an appearance. An appearance must be made in person or by mail - a telephone call does not constitute an appearance. There are several options available on or before the appearance date printed on the citation.
- Pay your fine in person by check, Visa, Master Card or Discover.
- Pay online; for eligibility click here.
- Pay by mail with check, money order or cashier's check.
- Request Driving Safety Course option for dismissal of the ticket; see Driving Safety Course for eligibility.
- Request Deferred Disposition for dismissal of the ticket; see Deferred Disposition for eligibility.
- Request a pre-trial hearing if you want to contest the citation; request options that are not available at the clerk's window; or to discuss your case with the Prosecutor.
If you are past your initial appearance/due date, please contact the court clerk's office at 972-429-8080 for available options.
If you are unable to pay in full the total fine and costs due, you may be eligible for other payment alternatives. All payment alternatives must be approved by the Judge. Please contact the court for eligibility and instructions to request alternative payment options.
Driver Safety Course Request by Mail Form
Deferred Disposition Request by Mail Form
Plea by Mail Form
The following fines and fees are subject to change; for fines and fees on a violation not listed, please contact the court clerk's office at 972-429-8080.
Common offenses fines and fees list- Citations Issued on or after January 1, 2020
Speeding Fines and Fees List - Citations Issued on or after January 1, 2020
Water Restriction Violations
Watering Wrong Day - 1st and Subsequent Offenses 1st $336 2nd $586 3rd $836 4th $1336
Watering Wrong Time - 1st and Subsequent Offenses 1st $286 2nd $486 3rd $686 4th $1086
Excessive Runoff - 1st and Subsequent Offenses 1st $236 2nd $336 3rd $586 4th $1086