Virtual Court Zoom Docket Information
Requirements for Virtual Court
- A device capable of accessing the Internet with a working camera and microphone.
- A fast and stable Internet connection.
- You will be required to provide the Court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure successful contact with the court.
- If you do not have access to technology (computer, mobile device, etc.), or have other reasons you're unable to attend remotely, you must contact the court prior to your scheduled virtual hearing for alternative accommodations.
- Enter a Plea of NOT GUILTY and request a trial by judge or trial by jury on a later date.
- Enter a Plea of Guilty or No Contest. Defendants who plead Guilty or No Contest via the Virtual Appearance have the same opportunities for payment plans, compliance dismissals, Driving Safety Course, or Deferred Disposition.
- Request extensions on previously ordered judgments in attempt to satisfy the existing order.
- Resolve existing warrants with options provided by the Judge.
Failure to follow these guidelines will prompt the Court Bailiff to remove the Defendant from the virtual courtroom until compliance is achieved.
- Proper Court attire is strictly enforced, inappropriate attire will not be permitted. Please click here for Courtroom Rules of Etiquette.
- Avoid background noise - if you are in a noisy environment, please relocate to an enclosed room, silence cell phone.
- Proper respect for the Court process shall be adhered to at all times.
- Avoid distractions - DO NOT DRIVE; Do not smoke, chew gum or eat while attending court; Do not respond to calls or instant messaging while interacting with the Judge or court staff.
- Be Patient: Technical issues may arise and cause delays; virtual appearances may last 30 to 45 minutes.
- DO NOT RECORD these proceedings.
Zoom Meeting ID: 990 5828 4782 Passcode: WYLIEZOOM
PRIOR TO ATTENDING A VIRTUAL DOCKET VIA ZOOM
- Submit the following documents to the court clerk's office no later than 5 Business Days prior to your court date/time. Documents WILL NOT be exchanged during virtual court. These may be submitted in person, by mail, by Drop Box located at the entrance to the Public Safety Building, or by email to email@example.com. 1. Copy of Driver's License / Photo ID 2. Insurance Proof (For Insurance Tickets or Driving Safety Course requests ONLY) 3. Any documentation you will be presenting to the prosecutor or judge during court.
- Test Zoom - It is not required that you download zoom to be able to join our meeting for our dockets. It is advised to test joining a meeting to ensure whatever device you are using works prior to your scheduled virtual court appearance. When testing make sure that your microphone and speakers are working as well. Below are some helpful links for testing zoom.
- Check In ( *15 Minutes Prior) - Click on Wylie Zoom Courtroom above to join. Review the Disclaimer prior to entering the courtroom. Join with Audio & Video.
- Name - When you enter the virtual courtroom, please change your name to LAST NAME, FIRST NAME (For court purposes, staff may modify/amend your name upon entry.)
- Waiting Room - Please wait patiently to be checked in by the clerk. There are other people on the docket so there will be a waiting period.
- Mute/Unmute - Remain on Mute until a response is required. Unmute only when addressed.
- Chat - The Court may utilize the chat function to give directions. Continue to monitor your screen during proceedings.
- Meeting with the Prosecutor - You will be prompted to JOIN the Prosecutor in a private breakout room. At the end of the Prosecutor meeting, you will be moved back into the waiting room for further instructions from the clerk. At this point you may be dismissed or you may be moved to appear in front of the Judge. DO NOT leave the meeting until dismissed by court staff and/or the Judge.
- Judge - When moved into the room with the Judge, he/she will call your name and/or case, UNMUTE your microphone. When your court session is complete you will be dismissed by the Judge and/or court staff. DO NOT LEAVE meeting without being dismissed.
- Paperwork - Orders processed during Zoom court will be emailed or mailed to the address on file with the court. Please allow up to 48 hours for processing.
- Payments - Payments are accepted online, in person, by mail, drop box, and in some cases by phone.
Court staff are unable to provide Zoom assistance. If you experience technical difficulties or are unable to attend via Zoom, you MUST notify the court for alternative arrangements.