To search for active warrants please click here.
The Court will issue a warrant for the following reasons:
- Failure to appear for your initial due date
- Failure to appear for a scheduled court hearing
- Failure to comply with orders of a judge
- Failure to complete a payment plan or failure to make payments as promised
If you fail to appear on or before the 20th business day from the date you receive the citation (must appear on each violation listed on the citation) the court may:
- Issue a warrant for your arrest
- Add a $50 warrant fee to your fine
- Issue an additional charge of Failure to Appear or Violate Promise to Appear with additional fines and costs
If you have appeared before a judge and have agreed to a payment plan, community service or other judicial orders, you must complete these orders as specified or a warrant may be issued for your arrest.
Resolving a Warrant
Your warrant may be resolved if you plea "no contest" or "guilty" to the warrant charge and pay the fine. Your warrant may also be resolved if you appear in person at the clerk's window to post a cash bond for a scheduled hearing to enter a plea of not guilty. For any other payment arrangements please contact the court clerk's office at 972-429-8080. You may also pay your warrants in full online. Please see Pay Online for more information. You CANNOT use this online payment service for someone in jail.
If you have a warrant for your arrest you are subject to being arrested at any time including at your home or work.
To find out if you have an outstanding warrant, you may call the court clerk's office at 972-429-8080.