Utility Billing (water & trash)

Policies & Procedures

Request email notification when page changes E-Notify

  • Personal checks will not be accepted as a form of payment when service has been cut-off; acceptable forms of payment are debit or credit card online, in person, or over the phone. Cash and money order are also accepted.
  • Personal checks will not be accepted as payment for a returned check (NSF) or the associated NSF fee; acceptable forms of payment are debit or credit card online, in person, or over the phone. Cash and money order are also accepted.
  • Cut-off notices paid with a NSF check will automatically return the account to cut-off status.  Customers will be notified by door hanger with a due date to pay the NSF check amount plus the associated NSF fee. If not paid by door hanger due date account will re-enter disconnection and Cut-off fee will be applied. 
  • After two returned (NSF) checks in a calendar year, personal checks will not be accepted as a form of payment until twelve months have passed.
  • A past due balance may be paid below $100 to avoid cut-off prior to the account entering cut-off status.  
  • Once an account reaches cut-off status in the system, all cut-off fees apply and the past due account balance must be paid.  

Payment Arrangements
  • Customers entering a contract arrangement will pay the full arrangement amount by the due date agreed upon or service will be cut-off.
  • After a failed payment arrangement, account balance must be paid in full to avoid cut-off.
  • After two failed payment arrangements in a calendar year, the customer will not be granted another arrangement until twelve months have passed.

Disconnecting (Separation of) Service
  • Disconnect service paperwork must be submitted online or at the Utility Billing windows, not over the phone.

Late Penalties
  • Utility Billing may remove up to one late penalty per calendar year as a courtesy to the customer.

Leak adjustments/Leak repairs
  • Customers notified by the Utility Billing Department of a leak on their property must repair the leak within two weeks of notification or water will be turned off and locked until  repaired. 
  • Customers may apply online or at the Utility Billing windows for a leak adjustment.
  • Customers must submit proof that a leak has been repaired.  Acceptable proof is an invoice from a professional for work performed or a receipt for purchase of materials by the account owner to repair the leak. 
  • Customers may not receive more than one leak adjustment in a five year period.
  • Customers may be approved for adjustments for up to three consecutive months of unusually high consumption directly attributed to a leak. 
  • Customer's leak adjustment credit will apply to utility account. 

  • When a customer requests service for property they are leasing, the customer’s name must be present on the lease agreement.
  • A new lease agreement does not discharge customer debt for the current property or for a previously leased property.  All unpaid balances of customer accounts will follow the customer to their next property.

Senior Rates
  • Customers 65 or older are eligible for a discount on their sewer rate.
  • It is the responsibility of the customer  to notify the Utility Billing Department when they become eligible for the discounted rate. Discounted rates will become effective with the next billing cycle, not prorated.
  • Discounts will not be retroactively applied if the customer fails to notify the Utility Billing Department of their eligibility.

Transfer of Service
  • Existing customer accounts with outstanding balances must be paid in full before a new account will be set up. 

Trash Charges
  • Customers are responsible for notifying the Utility Billing Department if their trash charges do not reflect the correct number of carts at the property.  Adjustments may be made for up to 3 months only.

Unpaid Balances
  • Unpaid balances on inactive accounts will be sent to collections.
  • Unpaid balances that have been sent to collections may be reinstated to customer accounts if new service is requested.
  • If the current tenant fails to pay their monthly bill and results in disconnection, new accounts cannot be established on the disconnected tenants behalf until balance is paid in full. 

contact information

Wylie Municipal Complex 
300 Country Club Rd., Building 100 Wylie, TX 75098
Main #: 972-516-6000 
Monday – Friday; 8 am – 5 pm

Building Inspection2nd floor 
972-516-6420, permits@wylietexas.gov

City Manager, 1st floor 
972-516-6010, citymgr@wylietexas.gov

City Secretary1st floor 
972-516-6020, citysec@wylietexas.gov

Code Enforcement, 2nd floor 
972-516-6440, code@wylietexas.gov 

Communication/Marketing, 1st floor
972-516-6016, publicinfo@wylietexas.gov

Engineering, 2nd floor 
972-516-6400, cityeng@wylietexas.gov

Finance, 1st floor 
972-516-6120, finance@wylietexas.gov

Human Resources, 3rd floor 
972-516-6040, jobs@wylietexas.gov

Planning and Zoning, 2nd floor 
972-516-6320, planning@wylietexas.gov

Parks Administration, 3rd floor 
972-516-6340, parks@wylietexas.gov

Purchasing, 1st floor 
972-516-6040, purchasing@wylietexas.gov

Utility Billing
, 1st floor 
972-516-6100, utility@wylietexas.gov

Recreation Center
300 Country Club Rd., Building 200
972-516-6340, recreation@wylietexas.gov

Monday – Thursday, 5 am – 9 pm
Friday, 5 am – 5 pm
Saturday, 8 am – 8 pm
Sunday, 1 pm – 5 pm

Rita and Truett Smith Public Library
300 Country Club Rd., Building 300
972-516-6250, libinfo@wylietexas.gov

Monday - Thursday, 10 am – 8 pm
Friday and Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday, Closed

Public Safety Complex
2000 N. Hwy. 78
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm

Municipal Court
972-429-8080, court@wylietexas.gov

Police Administration
972-442-8170, police@wylietexas.gov

Public Safety Communications
972-442-8171, wfdadmin@wylietexas.gov

Fire Administration
972-442-8110, wfdadmin@wylietexas.gov

Fire Stations
Station #1,
1400 S. Ballard Ave., 972-429-8071
Station #2, 555 Country Club Rd., 972-429-8072
Station #3, 210 W.A. Allen Blvd., 972-442-8073
Public Works  (Streets, Water and Wastewater)
949 Hensley Ln., Building 300
After-hours emergency? Contact Police Dispatch, 972-442-8171
Monday – Friday, 7 am – 4 pm

Parks and Recreation Administration
949 Hensley Ln., Building 200
972-516-6340, parks@wylietexas.gov
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4 pm

Animal Services
949 Hensley Ln., Building 100
972-429-8047, animalcontrol@wylietexas.gov
After-hours emergency? Contact Police Dispatch, 972-442-8171
Monday – Saturday, 8 am – 5 pm

Senior Recreation Center
800 Thomas St.
972-516-6340, recreation@wylietexas.gov
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4 pm

Thomas and Mattie Brown House
301 North Ballard Ave.
972-516-6340, recreation@wylietexas.gov 
*Temporarily closed for improvements

Economic Development Corporation
250 S. Hwy. 78
972-442-3367, info@wylieedc.com
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm

Athletic Field Condition Hotline

Community Waste Disposal (Bulk Pickup/Trash) 

© 2022 City of Wylie Powered By Revize Login