Trash & Recycle
Winter Storm Update
CWD trash/recycling service canceled through Friday. The regular pick-up schedule resumes Monday, Feb. 22. Three extra bags placed by the trash bin will be accepted. Expect delays; please leave bins and trash out until serviced.
Crews will be servicing trash routes first, followed by recycle routes. Recycling may be picked up on a different day than your trash collection.
CWD hopes to resume bulk pickup this Saturday. CWD customers may also drop-off brush and bulk Saturday, 8 a.m. - noon, 949 Hensley Ln. Acceptable items include tree limbs and shrubs, furniture, fence panels and bundled carpet. Commercial construction and remodeling debris and household hazardous waste will not be accepted.
Trash and recycling service in Wylie is provided by Community Waste Disposal (CWD)
The CWD is now offering weekly Residential Bulk & Brush drop-off on Saturday Mornings. Click here to view the times and acceptable brush & bulk.
There are no changes to current services or guidelines, but CWD asks customers to follow these recommendations to minimize risk to drivers and reduce risk of germs spreading to other carts:
Securely bag all trash. Recycle materials are still to remain loose in the cart.
If possible, sanitize cart handles before and after collection. Although automated trucks are used, drivers often handle carts to move or replace them.
Sanitize surfaces of bulk items set out for pickup.
Read a letter from CWD President Greg Roemer regarding coronavirus cautions
Trash Collection Guidelines
- Please bag all trash before putting it in your 95-gallon carts.
- Trash will be serviced once per week. Click here to see the map and schedule.
- Carts must be properly placed by 7 am on your pickup day and will be serviced between 7 am and 7 pm.
- All items must fit inside your cart, the lid must be completely closed, and the cart handles should be facing your home. Trash outside of the carts will NOT be serviced.
- Carts should be placed at the edge of your driveway or curb or alley and should be at least three (3) feet from each other and from any obstacle
Missed trash/recycling and bulk item collection should be reported to CWD within 48 hours; Call 972-392-9300.
- New Year's Day - Pickup as regularly scheduled
- Memorial Day - Holiday observed; schedule slides one day
- Independence Day - Pickup as regularly scheduled
- Labor Day - Holiday observed; schedule slides one day
- Thanksgiving - Holiday observed; schedule slides one day (Thursday picks up on Friday; Friday on Saturday)
- Christmas – Holiday observed; schedule slides one day