Kanopy is a video streaming service that provides instant access to thousands of critically acclaimed movies, documentaries and Kids favorites. Kanopy partners with studios like A24, The Criterion Collection, PBS and more to bring your library access to thoughtful entertainment.
How can I watch Kanopy?
You can stream Kanopy on any of your favorite devices! Kanopy is accessible via mobile and tablet apps for iPhone and Android. You can also access Kanopy on your Desktop, and SmartTV apps like Roku, Apple TV and Fire Stick.
You get 5 credits a month for content on this platform with your library card. The credits will automatically appear on your account each month. Credits do not carry over.
How to create an account
•To get started, visit kanopy.com and select the “Add Library Card” button on the lower left
• Enter your library card credentials
• Create an account using your preferred email
• Begin streaming!
hoopla is is a digital streaming service for library users to access eBooks, eAudiobooks, music, movies, and TV shows using portable devices like smartphones and tablets. Titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later.
What do I need?
- Tablet, smartphone, computer, or TV with streaming capabilities
- Email address and password
- Library card number (only needed one time in the registration process)
- Hoopla Digital app or updated browser software (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc.)
How do I use hoopla?
You can stream hoopla on any of your favorite devices! Hoopla is accessible via mobile and tablet apps for iPhone and Android. You can also access hoopla with your SmartTV apple like Roku, Apple TV and Fire Stick. You get 10 credits a month for content on this platform with your library card. The credits will automatically appear on your account each month. Credits do not carry over.
How to create an account.
- To get started, visit hoopladigital.com and select “Get Started Today” on the top of the page
- Enter your email address and create a password
- Choose the Rita & Truett Smith Library
- Enter your library card number
- Start using hoopla!
For more detailed information based on your platform or device, please consult this guide or call us at 972-516-6250 option 2.