About Wylie Parks
949 Hensley Ln., Building 200
Wylie, TX 75098
Pavilion/Gazebo Reservations: 972-516-6340
Athletic Field Conditions Hotline: 972-516-6350
Email Staff: Parks@wylietexas.gov
COVID-19 RELATED ALERTS:
- PER CURRENT LOCAL DISATER DECLARATION SECTION 15. All persons or groups using Parks and Recreation facilities shall follow to the extent possible the minimum recommended health protocols issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services that are applicable to such use or activity. These protocols are available at https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/opentexas.aspx.
- PER CURRENT LOCAL DISATER DECLARATION SECTION 16. The following Parks and Recreation facilities/activities remain closed or cancelled until further order of the City Council: Wylie Senior Recreation Center, Brown House, locker rooms, indoor youth play areas, and park pavilion reservations. Youth leagues may resume practices on May 31, 2020 and games may begin on June 15, 2020. The Wylie Recreation Center will continue to remain open under conditions outlined by the current Governor’s order and to accommodate current budget and operational limitations.
- CORONAVIRUS - Click here for updates
- PARK FACILITIES AND AMENITIES - All Open: trails, open spaces, playgrounds, pavilions, gazebos, restrooms, drinking fountains, Joel Scott Memorial Skate Park, athletic practice facilities, volleyball courts, basketball courts, tennis courts, and Oncor Disc Golf Park.
- BASKETBALL AND SAND VOLLEYBALL LIGHTS AT FOUNDERS PARK - lights available for use until 10:00 p.m. every evening.
- PAVILION/GAZEBO RESERVATIONS - Until further notice pavilion and gazebo reservations will not be accepted. If you have a reservation permit for use from March 16 through June 9, 2020, it will be cancelled and a credit issued.
- WYLIE RECREATION CENTER: The Wylie Recreation Center has reopened on a limited basis. Please click here for additional detailed information. Please note that the Wylie Senior Recreation Center and the Thomas and Mattie Brown House will remain closed.
- FOUNDERS PARK, COMMUNITY PARK, and OLDE CITY PARK - restrooms and drinking fountains are closed and winterized the first week of December through Feb. 28 (dates subject to change during threats of freezing weather.) Portable toilet(s) are placed on site during their closing period.
- Municipal Trail Complex wayfinding graphic
Kreymer Estates Trail
Find a Park
Click here to view City of Wylie parks map.
Wylie is home to more than 700 acres of parkland and open space. In those parks, you’ll find over 10 miles of trails, 15 playgrounds, and eight pavilions available for reservation, soccer fields, baseball fields, football fields, a nine-hole disc golf course, a cricket pitch, and much more. Over the next few years, the Parks and Recreation Department plans to continue implementation of the 2012 Trails Master Plan, which will increase the miles of trail in Wylie to better connect you with your community.
Find a Pavilion
Pavilions are available on a first-come, first-served basis and by reservation. Locate the right pavilion for your next outdoor gathering.
Find an Athletic Complex
Athletic Complexes are available for baseball, softball, and soccer league games and practice.
The City of Wylie is proud to partner with several local youth sports leagues to make team sports available for the children of Wylie. Soccer, softball, and baseball leagues play every spring and summer, and football is available in the fall. Soccer, football, and softball games are played at Founders Park, and baseball games are played at Community Park.
Our Parks and Recreation Master Plan was adopted by the City Council in 2010. It serves as a guide for appropriate park uses and for the location of parks within the city, and amenities within parks. The plan serves as a long-range vision (10-20 year timeframe) for future development, programming, and recreation opportunities. Issues typically addressed in parks master plans include planned park elements, natural and cultural resource management, and general design concerns. The plan is conceptual in nature and not intended to address detailed issues related to engineered site design or park operations. The plan is just one of many steps in the process that leads to the development of public parks.
Vendor Application Form
Special events, meetings and gatherings (other than typical parties or picnics) will require submission of a Vendor Application prior to reservation approval. Please call the Parks administration at 972-516-6340 if you have any questions pertaining to the vendor form. After the form is completed, email it to email@example.com.
Celebrate Arbor Day, plant a tree. The City of Wylie Parks and Recreation Department will hold our annual Texas Arbor Day celebration Nov. 1, 2019. Last year, we partnered with the Texas Trees Foundation to hand out seedlings of live oak and American elm trees. This year we will be handing out Mexican live oak and American elm seedlings in the breezeway between the Wylie Recreation Center and the Smith Public Library, at the Municipal Complex located at 300 Country Club Road Building 200-300. These seedlings are free to the public, and each one is tagged with planting instructions. Join the Wylie Parks and Recreation Department as we celebrate this day set aside to rejoice in the beauty of trees, and to recognize the way they enrich our lives, communities and landscapes.