Immediate Employment Disqualifiers
- Applicant is younger than 20 and does not have a high school diploma OR a GED.
- Applicant has a driver's license that is invalid and / or not clear.
- Applicant has a Felony conviction.
- Applicant has been convicted of a Misdemeanor crime, above Class C, within the last 10 (ten) years.
- Applicant has a Misdemeanor conviction for a crime involving moral turpitude within the last 10 (ten) years.
- Applicant is currently charged or under investigation for any criminal offenses.
- Applicant is under court or community supervision for a misdemeanor offense.
- Applicant has used marijuana beyond experimentation.
- Applicant has illegally used a drug(s), including prescription medicine, beyond experimentation.
- Applicant has stolen from employer(s) with a cumulative total of $50 or more within the past 10 (ten) years.
- Applicant intentionally omits information on application or Personal History Statement.
- Applicant provides a false statement of information on application or Personal History Statement.
- Applicant provides an intentionally misleading statement on application or Personal History Statement.
- Applicant falsifies job(s)-related documents.
- Applicant fails to return completed Personal History Statement by due date.
- Applicant is ten (10) minutes or more late for interview without notifying the Police Department of such tardiness (exceptions may be made for certain emergencies).
- Applicant has been convicted of a DWI within the past ten (10) years; no more than one (1) conviction total.
- Applicant interferes, obstructs or otherwise causes influence in the background process.
For further questions contact Sergeant Mark Johnson at 972-429-8013 or PoliceRecruiting@WylieTexas.gov