Small Business Assistance Program
Application is Closed.
Updated Eligibility Guidelines: Businesses that have received PPP or EIDL funding are now eligible to receive City of Wylie Small Business Assistance.
Qualified companies will be selected and funds allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Wylie City Council approved a Small Business Assistance Program providing a total of $301,000 in immediate, short-term financial assistance grants to qualified Wylie businesses impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
|Business Size||Grant||Allocated Money|
|26-50 Employees||Up to $5,000||$50,000|
|25 or Fewer Employees||Up to $5,000||$200,000|
| Sole Proprietor
(Owner only, no addt. employees)
|Up to $1,500||$51,000|
1. The primary location of the business must be located within the City of Wylie city limits.
2. Must have been in continuous operation for a period of at least six months prior to the application date.
3. Must be in good standing with the City of Wylie with respect to taxes, fees, utility payments and other financial obligations to the City.
4. Must have a current or anticipated revenue decline beginning March 1, 2020 resulting from COVID-19 impacts.
5. Must be a local, independent business responsible for all revenues and expenses.
1. Non-profit organizations are specifically excluded from and ineligible to receive grants under the program.
2. An eligible franchise must be responsible on a local level for all revenue and expenses of the business.
3. A business is ineligible if it has 51 or more employees.
Information/Documents Needed for Application
1. Proof of an Official Registered Business by one of the methods below:
-Secretary of State - a certificate of fact or a copy of the certificate of formation
-Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts - taxpayer number issued by the comptroller's office
-Texas Workforce Commission - proof of unemployment insurance paid
-Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation - a copy of the license issued
2. Most current IRS Form 941 or 944 for the business
3. W-9 that has been signed/dated within the previous 12 months. One will be required before a check can be issued. (not required to upload during application process; if approved, city will assist with W-9)
4. Most current IRS Form 1099 for the business, or Schedule C from the last tax return (if sole proprieter is selected on application).
5. Documents that evidence the impact to your business (a business loss or a gross revenue decline beginning March 13, 2020) (Up to 5 uploads).
Documentation Needed Upon Approval
An eligible business receiving a grant will be required to execute a Chapter 380 Economic Development Agreement with the City of Wylie.
1. Applications will be accepted online at WylieTexas.gov/Business during a 14-day open period or until funds are exhausted.
2. Qualified companies will be selected and funds allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. Businesses may not apply for multiple grants.
4. The eligible business must be the applicant, but the application form must be signed by an authorized agent of the eligible business.
5. Qualifications will be verified by a five-person panel made up of representatives from the City Manager’s office, City Finance Department, Wylie Chamber of Commerce, Wylie Downtown Merchants Association, and Wylie Economic Development Corporation. Committee members are not eligible to receive funding.
6. All submissions are public record subject to open records.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Additional Business Assistance Resources