Teen Summer Programs
For teens entering 7th-12th grades
Registration links go live 1 week prior to the program.
All programs are virtual and accessible at 2:00pm
· June 12 Texas Storm Chasers - Learn all about volatile Texas weather. This program takes place on Zoom.
· June 19 Writing Workshop with Polly Holyoke - Author of The Neptune Project series will teach you how to build your fantasy world.
· June 26 Stress, Anxiety and Self-Care Post COVID-19 with Elizabeth Ledford, MS, LPC-I - Get suggestions on how to deal when you don’t know how. This program will be pre-recorded and posted to Facebook.
· July 3 Dungeons & Dragons - Learn how to make characters to bring more depth to your game play. On Facebook @SmithPublicLibrary.
· July 10 Animation Workshop with Chris Camacho of UTD - Learn how to create your own animated shorts. This program takes place on Zoom. Registration required and begins July 3. Register here.
· July 17 Decorate Bookends for the Teen Room – Decorate your own unique bookend and then donate it to the Teen Room! A how-to video will be posted on Facebook, but the design is up to your imagination. Registration begins July 10. A limited number of craft along kits will be available for pick-up in the Teen Room to participants entering 7th-12th grades after they receive confirmation for their registration.
· July 24 Watercolor Workshop with Amy Fleitas-Pagan - Learn to paint with watercolors. This program takes place on Facebook. Registration required and begins July 17. A limited number of craft along kits will be available for pick-up in the Teen Room to participants entering 7th-12th grades after they receive confirmation for their registration.
Harry Potter’s Virtual Birthday Party!
Monday July 27 - Friday July 31
On Facebook @SmithPublicLibrary
Daily posts at 10:00am and 2:00pm
Celebrate the birthday of the “boy who lived” with a week of special posts! Activities include a sorting hat quiz, a wand making workshop, Hogwarts classes, an escape room, a costume contest, magic and more!
Watch more of our videos on our youtube channel!